Tuesday, November 29, 2011

RTT: Sick kiddo and busy times ahead

Here we are again you mangy Tuesday!  Another week has come and gone and that means that I only have 5 more weeks of maternity leave.  I dread each passing week!  Oh well...let's get down to some Random!

Jacoby got sick this weekend.  It was very unexpected because I didn't know babies got sick when they were this little and still nursing.  But apparently that is not true.  I'm like those women who know nothing about babies and am like...I didn't know you could get pregnant when you just had a baby! :)  But I'm definitely not pregnant! Thank the heavens!  So yeah, that was a strange tangent but back to the thought at hand.  He has an ear infection.  And he is severely congested so it makes his feedings very sporadic and short.  So I definitely feel like a cow because since he only eats for about 5-10 minutes at a time I have been letting him eat whenever he wants the past few days because I want to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. And he's been throwing up.  A lot.  And it's not just milk but TMI it's like phlegm.  So gross! 

Ok...that's enough on that!  It's almost December.  I've finally started a little bit of my Christmas shopping.  Not much though.  I did order something for my mom but since she reads my blog (HI MOM!) I can't tell you what it is.  But it is super awesome and I can't wait until it gets here!  We also got a few things for Leo like a Transformers Play-Doh set and a few Kinect games.  Next Monday is the annual shop with mom and grandma day so hopefully I'll get the rest of my shopping done then. 

Next week we are going to the aquarium in Tulsa.  I am so excited.  I've been to an aquarium in Texas when I went with a family as a babysitter but that was a loooong time ago.  Leo loves animals and fish and so I'm hoping that the trip 3 hours away is worth it. We shall see!

For the next 3 weekends I have stuff going on.  Apparently December is going to be a busy month!  We have our work Christmas party where we get to see a movie and eat breakfast buffet style at the theater this weekend, next weekend is my "meet the baby" shower for my friends that my awesome sister-in-laws are throwing and the Saturday after that is a Christmas party through my moms work where you can take your kids and see Santa and do crafty stuff.  Then the following week is Christmas and then I have to go back to work!  Booo! :)  So yeah, a very busy December.

I'm also going to be very busy with friend things.  Tonight I am going to dinner with friends from college, I'm meeting my old manager for lunch this week sometime and then next week is the aquarium.  Plus I have a get-together with my co-workers where apparently we are going to play Laser Tag and then a get-together with some previous co-workers for dinner.  So yeah.  Super busy!

Every commercial that Leo sees he says he wants me to put it on his Christmas list.  And what I've learned is that toys are super-stupid-expensive.  There is a fire truck that shoots blue balls (yes, I get the joke) that is the water and it hits the cardboard fire.  It is not an extremely large toy and it is $60.  I've also been looking at Legos because Leo has been playing with his a lot and those suckers run anywhere from $15 (which I'm ok with) to over $100!!  I couldn't believe it!  $100 for some legos.  Ridiculous!  And I looked at some Barbie stuff for my niece and the Barbie dream house is $135.  Yeah, so I guess I'm glad I didn't have any girls after all!

Enough with my random.  Go see Stacy and the other randoms.  Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah some of those kid toys are ridiculously expensive! My son's just going to have to learn to live with disappointment. ;) Happy Tuesday.

Katie said...

I remember the days of every thing on tv went on the list! Not to mention every piece of sales paper that comes in the mail got circled!