Monday, June 15, 2009

Nothing to see here

So, not much happening here lately. Well, I guess not much that I think people would be interested in. I had a pretty busy weekend but after this upcoming weekend I think our summer will be slowing down greatly.

Friday night I took little man to a friends birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheeses. It was pretty chaotic. Pretty much the same as the last party we went there for. But after thinking about choices for a birthday party for a 3 year old in February (This will make sense in a minute) there aren't very many options. So, my idea is to maybe have Leo's party at Chuck-E-Cheese, but not use their party options. Just take a cake, have the party right when they open at 10 on a Saturday. Let the kiddos play for about 30-45 minutes, open presents, eat pizza and cake around 11 and the party is done by 11:30 and the kids are all home by naptime. I think that is a great idea!

Then Saturday we were busy because we went to the local childrens museum to learn about zoo animals and then went to the wildlife park where my mom was volunteering for a Walk for Wildlife. We walked around there and by the time we got home it was 2 and naptime. Then Sunday my grandma, mom and I went to music theater and saw the Producers. It was fabulous! I really enjoyed it and it makes me want to watch the original movie. I saw the one with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane (whom I adore!!!) but I think I would like to see the one with Gene WIlder (whom I also adore!). Then our work picnic at the zoo was after that. It poured on us for about 30 minutes, but it cleared up and we pretty much had the zoo to ourselves because a lot of the other employees from the company had left because of the rain. It was the least crowded the zoo has ever been that I have been there. We didn't have to push people out of the way to see the lions, the tigers or the bears. Oh my!
And tonight we are going to a Wichita WIngnuts baseball game. This will be little man's first baseball game so hopefully he will enjoy it! I'm sure he will though. It was the first thing he talked about when he woke up this morning! WHat a monkey!

I hope everyone else's weekend was good, but not as busy as ours was! And hopefully I will be back more this week than I was last week. I am finding it harder and harder to blog these days because we have been spending so much time outside. If only I had a laptop! And I am on my 96th post, so if anyone has any ideas for what I should do for my 100th post let me know!

No comments: