Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Now that I’ve been back at work for a week my thoughts are much less random but still random enough to make it fun! Let’s do this

--> I think it is so funny when Leo starts singing songs from some of the shows he watches. I bought the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack so we listen to it and when the song comes on when we’re watching the show he starts singing along. Hehe!

--> We have been trying really hard to get Leo to stay in his bed for the whole night. He has never been a through-the-night sleeper but lately he refuses to go to bed and then stay there the entire night. So when he gets up and comes to our room I walk him back to his room and usually read him a book to get him to calm down enough to stay in his bed the rest of the night. Well the last two nights he has decided to take it upon himself to not wake me up and just crawl in bed. So for the last 2 nights I have woken up with a little monkey between me and the hubby. This morning the hubby even asked me when Leo came in our room. I just shrugged my shoulders because I had no idea!

-->Still trying to work on Leo’s temper. Still not getting anywhere with it. Just him still throwing fits when he gets really mad. From talking to other people they say it’s just him going through a phase. And maybe that’s so and maybe all kids have crazy tempers but that doesn’t make me feel any better! But he’s still worth it when he crawls up on my lap and tells me I’m his best friend!

-->I am so ready for my boss to come back from vacation. She has been gone for 5 days and on 3 of those 5 people have called in or needed to leave early for something or another. Ridiculous.

-->Good news though! Only 9 weeks until my next vacation! We don’t have anything planned for this one except the hubby is going up to Kansas City to watch opening day football for the Kansas City Chiefs. That should be fun for him. Since I made 2 solo trips to KC already this summer I figured I would give him the opportunity to have some fun without the ol’ ball and chains!

-->With having the benefit of having 3 paychecks in July I am paying off stuff with the third paycheck because it is just extra money(!). I’m pretty excited about that. Trying to be more fiscally responsible. It’s kinda lame but kinda awesome at the same time. But I am taking a little bit of it and buying tickets to see Daniel Tosh when he comes to Wichita. He has a hilarious show on Comedy Central called Tosh.0 and he is bringing his stand-up to Wichita. So excited. The concerts in October but I want to get tickets before it sells out!

I was trying to decide if I had anything else random going on but while thinking about it my brain turned to mush so I guess not. Go over to see Keely at http://www.theunmom.com/. She always has some crazy random lying around!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ha! The monkey has caught on to the fact that if he wakes you, you take him back! Cute, clever, devious.

Sorry the kiddo is still have the temper. I wish I had useful help for ya.

Sounds like hubby is going to have a fabulous vacation, that is very sweet of you, hope he knows that.

Very smart of you to use the extra funds for paying things off. Nothing lame about it.