Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was amazing. Seriously amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be spectacular but that was what happened.

Saturday morning me and the monkey got up at a normal time and ate a little breakfast. Then we got up and around and went to a cooking class held at his school. We made chicken and cheese enchiladas and salad for lunch and then had pound cake with strawberries and bananas drizzled in chocolate syrup. And he was so good. The entire time. I had told him before we left that if he started acting up that we would just leave. I had already paid so it's not like we had anything to wait around for. But he was perfect. Ok...well maybe not perfect but he was very well behaved. And I appreciated it.

Then we went home and the hubby was home from work. Leo had tried to fall asleep in the car but I had to keep him awake or he wouldn't have napped. So he went and layed down when we got home and napped until it was time to go to grandma and grandpas. I dozed a bit and when the KU game started the hubby and I watched it. And let me tell you...KU was amazing. We didn't get to finish the game but there were only a few minutes left in the game when we left. We took Leo to grandmas and then we hit up the local hibachi restaurant for our Valentines dinner. And it was delicious. And we ate and drank and had so much fun. We ended our evening going to Target to get toilet paper. So romantic!

Sunday I went to get Leo around 11 from my parents house and he had apparently been up since 4:30 with my dad. Let me rephrase that...Leo woke my dad up at 4:30. And my dad was nice enough to stay up and watch cartoons with him. Apparently the kiddos (my neice also spent the night at my parents house) were on opposite schedules. My neice was up off and on until 1:30 and my mom was dealing with her and then my dad was up early with Leo. So funny. After picking him up he was so tired from being crazy and so he went and napped pretty much right when we got home. While he was napping I made sugar cookie dough so that way it would be ready for him to help me make his cookies for his school party. When he woke up he helped write all the kids names in his class on his valentines and roll out the cookie dough and cut out the shapes for the cookies. And after I frosted them he put the sprinkles on them all. It was so much fun! I ended the evening by finishing the 4th book in the Bones series by Kathy Reichs. Luckily when I went to the library last week I got the 4th and 5th book because I have been going through them so fast.

All in all it was a FABULOUS weekend. I am looking forward to tonight when KU plays K-State in the second Sunflower Showdown. And hopefully KU beats K-State as soundly as they did the last time they played! I hope you all had an awesome weekend and a very happy Valentine's Day! And when I have time later today I'm going to post pictures of Leo making his little Valentines. So precious!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sounds like a lovely Valentine's weekend with both your men!