Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Open hearts

Do you ever have times in your life where it seems like everything that can go wrong (or bad) does?  The hubby and I had that year in 2004 and the beginning of 2005.  We each had a grandparent pass away from cancer, the hubby’s dad was seriously injured in a work accident and we had a family friend pass away from an injury sustained while serving in the military oversees.  This was also the year we got married and there was a giant ice storm that hit our city and we were out of power for 9 days.  This all happened in the span of 9 months.  We felt like things just kept snowballing and we couldn’t get ahead.  We were both working full time and going to school full time as well.  It was chaos.  Since then we haven’t (thankfully) had another year like that.  It always seems like one or two things happen but we cautiously hold our breath waiting to see what else bad will happen and usually the storm passes. 

 

Well it seems like this year the storm does not want to pass.  First, with Jacoby being incredibly sick with the continuing ear infections and then we went back to the ENT and now he has the MRSA bacteria (which hopefully after his 4th antibiotic will *FINALLY* clear this nonsense up) we are hoping to get out of the woods for him.  We go back to the ENT next Thursday.  Then we also have the hubby’s dad who had some really severe health issues earlier this summer.  They thought they were strokes but then ruled that out but never really said what the cause was.  Or if they did his parents decided to keep us uninformed.  He also was diagnosed with diabetes.  Also, the hubby’s grandparents are in their 80s and 90s so their health also is an issue.  Then I had an aunt die recently from cancer and now my best friend from way back in the 2nd grade let me know that her mom had had a stroke on Friday.  I stayed at the hospital all day Saturday with her and kept here company with a few other friends and then let her be with her family on Sunday.  Unfortunately I got the bad news yesterday night that she had passed away.  So I am pretty much over the year 2012.  Leo starts school adding to my stresses (which really is very insignificant in this whole piece, but I am still worked up over this.)  So if you could say a prayer for my friend and her family I would appreciate it.


Really this post was just produced so I could vent.  Sometimes there isn’t a way to get your feelings out and when you do they don’t always seem to matter in the grand scheme of things.  But venting gets it out so it doesn’t fester.  Because as I move forward I want a heart that is open and happy and not an ugly, dark heart.  And I want to move forward and just jump to 2013.  So if you can move the clock forward by all means…do it!

No comments: