Tuesday, August 21, 2012

RTT: Back to school

I haven't randomed it up for awhile and I haven't been here since last week so I have a lot of thoughts going on.  So here we go!  Oh...and don't forget to visit Stacy and the other randomers today too!

I know I know...I haven't done a first day of school post yet.  I promise I'll get one.  Soon.  Someday.  I couldn't do it on the day of because I would have freaked myself out.  But I didn't cry at all.  I was pretty darn pleased with myself!
____________________

One thing I was amazed by...on Leo's 3rd day of school he brought home a fundraiser packet.  Al-freaking-ready.  Some people's kids aren't even back in school yet!  At least they're selling something people use.  Trash bags.  Better than junk!

____________________

This weekend Jacoby was overly cranky and we (I) couldn't figure out what was going on.  The hubby mentioned that he might be teething.  I scoffed and said that he just got his two top teeth.  He couldn't possibly be getting any more.  But I looked online to see the order of teeth to come in and figured I'd take a look in his mouth to check out the goods.  Lo and behold the little bugger had one tooth that was already out and another trying to come through.  Whoops!  So I doped him up on ibuprofen and orajel and he became only reasonably cranky.  A much needed improvement!

______________________

Right now I have a peach pie in the oven. My very first peach pie try.  I had a fresh peach that my mom had gotten from the farmers market and it made me want a peach pie.  So we went to a different farmers market over the weekend and I got some peaches.  Apparently making a peach pie is not as simple as just plopping in a pie (you have to do something called blanching...who knew?!) and so right now it is baking.  Wish me luck!

_______________________

Some jerk won the lottery last Wednesday that was supposed to be my ticket to early retirement/homeschooling mom.  So yeah.  I have been going to work.  Lame!  Now it's back to 50 million.  I think I could still handle that.  So excuse me while I go buy my lottery ticket for Wednesday night!
_______________________

Ok that's all for today.  Happy Tuesday and happy randoming!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I completely understand about the school post. I didn't cry until I got home and wrote it. :-)
Good luck on the peach pie, sounds delicious!