Friday, August 3, 2012

Opportunities

In my department at the bank we recently had an employee leave to attend law school.  He was going to move to a different town so his position came available.  It was a little bit of a different position and it was one that was dealing in a different area of international banking than I was currently.  So I jumped at the chance for a better job.  And they snatched me up!  I didn't even have to apply.  They just moved me into that position and posted my job. I was so stoked.  After everything I dealt with at my previous job and not feeling appreciated at all it was a welcome change.  When I told my supervisor that I was interested in the position she was so excited and told me how pleased they were with how quickly I picked up on my job and how they thought I would fit well in the new position and how if I moved into that position it opened up an easier route for promotions.  So really this was a no-brainer.  I even threw in how I would really like it if I could have a schedule where I worked 7:45-4:45 instead of 8-5 for carpooling and picking up Leo.  And they agreed!  So this is definitely a win in my book!  Things are looking up!

No comments: