Friday, April 24, 2009

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood

The last three days have been in the 80s. In April. That is fan-freaking-tastic. Even though our winter was not terrible I am desperately enjoying the weather. I spent about an hour and a half outside with little man on Wednesday and then I grilled dinner. It was delicious. Thanks for asking. Steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Anyways...today I think I am going to pick up the monster and we'll play either at a local park or even in the backyard because he seems to enjoy his golf clubs and all of his ball that he can kick, throw, hit. And I am super stoked because I was informed (after a slight interrogation) when my parents would be opening their pool. I was told probably the first weekend in May. Which is next weekend. So, if everything stays right in the weather world I should be swimming in about 2 weeks (give or take a few days).

Another thing that I realized as I was driving home with the windows wide open. I am a much better car singer when it's nice and warm and the windows are open. Or maybe the music was so loud because of the 50 MPH wind that I thought I sounded like Carrie Underwood. Who knows. I'm going with I'm a better singer! Even though I have to work tomorrow all day the rest of my weekend will be amazing and I hope all of yours are as well!

No comments: