Friday, February 12, 2010

Crime spree in Dillons

So I was at the grocery store today getting some stuff to make rice krispie treats. I am standing there looking to see what the better deal on marshmallows are and a creeper walks up. Here is the situation that ensues…

Him: Do you work here?

Me: No

Him (still standing staring at me): I have a proposition for you.

Me: (in my head) is this dude gonna ask me for sex?! To him: Uh what?

Him: I’ll buy your groceries for you on my food stamp card and then you can pay me. I’ll even let you give me half price.

Me: Ummm, no thank you.


I could not believe this happened. I have heard about this happening but never imagined people actually did this. I’m sorry sir…as much as the government annoys me, I’m not going to defraud them just so you can use the cash that I give you for God knows what. I didn’t even know if I should tell the grocery store. I’m sure that they don’t like it but I probably couldn’t have picked the dude out again either. I was just creeped out. Can’t a girl just buy some marshmallows without being harassed? Sheesh!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I would have gone off on him. I get frustrated when people try to use their goverment funds for other thing.

I just know so many that have it cause they need it and even some who need it and can't get it. GRR!

You now know that the marshmellows are a popular hang out for the insane! LOL!