Friday, February 12, 2010

New month...new car!

So this week has been another blur. Saturday (I know…technically that was last week) my mom and I took the monkey to the local children’s museum and stayed there for about an hour and a half. We then met the hubby for lunch at McDonalds and my mom said she would watch the monkey if we wanted to go test drive a new car. We took her up on her offer and really liked the car we had been looking at in the last weeks. We got our credit ran and ran some numbers. It fit our budget but then they told us they would only give us $1000 for the hubby’s car. We thought this was ridiculous and that we could sell it ourselves for more money. So we went home with the numbers in our head and we put his car on craigslist. We posted it on Saturday night at 5:30 and we had a buyer by 4:30 the next afternoon. That was amazing! And for $3500. Score! We were even able to upgrade to an automatic instead of a 5 speed. That way I can drive it too! So we called the dealer Monday morning and said we would take it. Then yesterday (Tuesday) they called us and said they had it ready and could we come and pick it up. So we did. It is an amazing feeling to be driving a brand new car. Neither one of us has ever had a brand new vehicle. My car that I currently drive, I have driven since I was 17 and I still really like it. I will drive it until the wheels fall off. And because we actually sold our other car we were able to pay off a credit card instead of using it as a down payment since the interest rates were vastly different! We are taking control of our financial future and it is looking pretty good. I know I was sad last week but I figured there was no need to be cranky because it is our own fault for the things that we have done in the past and the only thing we can do now is to make steps to correct those behaviors. I have already talked to hubby and he has even said that he would take his lunch every day. So now I just need to get stuff for him to be happy with to eat every day! If any of you have ideas for lunches that would be awesome because that will be what we are eating! But it is totally awesome! Oh yeah…we bought a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara. It only had 12 miles on it! Totally awesome. And we decided to buy brand new because if we paid a little more now it would be worth it because used small SUV’s run for $12-14k anyways and they have 20-50 thousand miles. And since this is our primary vehicle we wanted low mileage. So yay for us!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a week!!

That is awesome getting way more than the dealership was going to give ya.

Congrats on the brand new car! I've never had one and I'm twice your age!