Monday, January 3, 2011

Memoir Monday

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a spectacular weekend. I know I did, albeit a busy one!

Memoir Monday


Friday I got off work at 3 and went home and started my crazy weekend. I made 3 dozen enchiladas and 2 pumpkin pies for a family Christmas gathering. Then I headed to my aunt and uncles house with Leo in tow for a family friendly evening. Leo got to hang out with his 2 cousins from Kansas City while I got to chat and play games with a few of my aunts and uncles.

Saturday we had another Christmas gathering for my dad's side of the family. So by 12:30 we were at my uncles house for a gathering of around 60 people. It was SO much fun. We ate lots of food, played games, chatted and opened presents. My favorite part of the afternoon was when some of the people had brought additional gifts for a dirty santa gift exchange. I was so bummed that I forgot to bring something to exchange but it was so hilarious watching the family exchange gifts. I think the best dirty santa gift was a matador-looking Ken-doll wannabe. He had a crazy gold outfit and his "package" was hanging low and to the left. It was ridiculous. And he was picked by my uncle. And seriously we were having fits just watching my uncle interact with him. Hopefully we do the dirty santa giveaway again next year and he will give up the matador to be re-gifted next year!

Sunday started too early by heading off to church but we got to listen to my mom play the piano and half of my family was there it seemed like. It was nice! Then we had our FINAL Christmas celebration for my mom's dad's side of the family. With this one we do a gift-exchange via Bingo. It was also fun and I ended up with a really nice serving platter that looks very fall-like. I gave away a 30-piece cookie cutter set with all Christmas shapes. It was a pretty good steal because I got them 50% off at Bed Bath and Beyond the week after Christmas. Then we all played Liverpool Rummy and my team won! I rock!

And while it is so crazy having to go to so many Christmas celebrations and sometimes I dread it I should be extremely lucky to have so much family that wants to see me and my family. And they usually turn out to be a pretty fun time!

My evening ended by watching KU play and then getting ready for the upcoming week! I have to get up extra early on Monday to start my cardio sculpt and core class. At 5:45. Yikes! I hope you all had an awesome weekend!

No comments: