Sunday, March 20, 2011

Final Days

Man my vacation just went by waaaay too fast! I can't believe it is already Sunday and I won't get another 4 day weekend until Memorial Day weekend. That's 2 months away! I don't know if I'll be able to make it!

But yesterday and today I have done something fun both days so I at least got some fun in my weekend! Saturday evening I took Leo and myself to my friends birthday party. He was turning 41 and him and his wife have 2 kids ages 11 and 5 so it was kid friendly. I got there around 6 and stayed until about 9. And the only reason we left was because I wouldn't let Leo play outside in the dark with the big kids anymore so he was ready to go. But I'm really glad I put my foot down because when we left they were playing in the streets. Not that I think the older one would have purposely let anything happen to Leo but earlier they had been playing in the backyard and he had been left outside by himself because the big kids came inside. Poor little guy was just playing by himself when I went out to see why he hadn't followed everyone inside!

Then today I had plans to meet up with my friend who moved away last year for lunch. We hit up On the Border and then after lunch we went to the mall. It was so much fun and makes me miss her even more! Then I came home and went grocery shopping. I went to Wal-Mart because I needed to pick up a few non-grocery items and let me tell you...it was a BIG mistake. They were packed but that wasn't the terrible part. It was the fact that they oly had 4 lanes open that were non-Express lanes. And 2 of the 4 lanes that I looked at there were people with 2 carts a piece. Who buys that many groceries at 1 time? I couldn't even imagine what their bills were like! The good news was that I bought all my groceries to make dinner plus I got a lot of breakfast foods because I felt terrible that I ran out of almost everything this week and Leo kept asking for stuff we didn't have so I stocked up big time!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments: