Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lent

This is week 2 of Lent. Well I'm not really sure how they classify the weeks since last Sunday was the first Sunday of Lent but whatever. I'm saying week 2. Last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and while I was so ridiculously tired that I didn't feel like I could sit with my 4 year old through mass at 7 I still decided to give something up for Lent. Like I do every year. Last year I gave up fast food. That, my friends, was a giant fail. This year I figured I would do something practical for myself. I want to keep tabs on my health and I feel like I have been eating a stupid amount of foods that are bad for me so I figured easy choice. I would give up sweets for Lent. And by sweets I mean cookies, cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, candy, pie. Other stuff like that. What I don't count is cereal. So do you know what has been taunting me? My girl scout cookies. Sure enough I couldn't eat them all fast enough. So I have to freeze them. I also bought some no-bake cookies the week before Lent and I couldn't even finish them in time so I had to pitch the last 2. It was a sad day. So in the last week I have only had 1 fail and that was on Ash Wednesday when I got Leo a twizzler and I bit off the end. Then I realized...aww crap. I wasn't supposed to eat that. Other than that though I have been awesome. If I keep this up I might have a weight loss. Woo hoo!

No comments: