Saturday, March 12, 2011

Recap of Life

So I’ve been MIA for awhile. 9 days to be more accurate. And it’s been noted. By me. By others. And I know. I need to be better. But I just haven’t found it in me the last week and a half. I’ve been very moody (ask my husband), very tired (ask my child) and very un-energized (ask my exercise instructor who missed me the past 2 classes). And it sucks. I hate when I get in these funks. But there is good news on the horizon. I hope. No I know.

A few updates in what has happened in our household:

We got free tickets to see the local hockey team Sunday. I am so stoked about it. The hubby and Leo went to a game in November and ever since then Leo has asked if I would go to a game with him. The hubby called me yesterday on lunch to say that one of his customers came in and offered him (or anyone else) wanted tickets to Friday or Sunday’s game along with a parking pass. So we chose the Sunday game and I am so excited!

The hubby had a job interview on Thursday for a position within the company that he works for but at the downtown location. He currently works in a bank branch and the position he applied for is not a “retail” position. He would be working Monday-Friday either 7-4 or 8-5 as opposed to working anywhere between 7a-8p M-F and 8a-6p Saturdays. So that would be very refreshing for him and for our family. It is a slight pay increase but I don’t think it would be anything to write home about. But…any pay increase is a pay increase so we would be thankful for that as well. He should hear back by next Monday (the 21st) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I would like all of you to think happy thoughts and send them our way!

My parents watched Leo last night and so the hubby and I had a night to ourselves. Cue the sexy music. Oh wait…yeah, that didn’t happen. We were watching the KU vs. Colorado game and ordered in Applebees. And yes we ate it in bed. And it was amazing. And then we were asleep by 9. We were exhausted! We had a message Saturday morning and it had been left at 9:30 Friday night. How ridiculous is that? We were out cold we didn’t even hear the phone ring! Obviously we were in need of some shut-eye!

So there is a lot that has been going on and when thinking about it this summer will thankfully not be as busy as last summer but with Leo getting older and wanting to be outside 24/7 I’m sure that we will be out playing with him as much as we can. And as much as the heat and mosquitoes will allow!

No comments: