Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mr. Melodramatic

So I have come to find out that I have a drama king living in my house. You wouldn't guess it by the amount of boy toys he has flung everywhere that he has the tendencies of a teenage girl but believe you me he does. Every once in a while he will let his inner little girl out. And I'm not saying this in a mean way, but seriously?! He has been acting like I did when I was 16. (I'm not sure where he gets it though!) A few gems he has said to me the last few days to give you an idea of his dramatic ways.

Imagine this: I am cleaning the bathroom (I know, hard to believe, yet true!). I usually do this on my days off when he is in school so he doesn't get underfoot but I stalled throughout the day so he was home. He runs in the bathroom screaming, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I tell him that I am cleaning the bathroom. He wants to help but I tell him no. So he runs off and plays some more. About 10 minutes later he comes back in, OH MY GOD. THE BATHROOM IS SO CLEAN. YOU HAVE DONE SUCH A GOOD JOB CLEANING THE BATHROOM. Cue the laughter. He was so over-dramatic about it. I'm sure he was doing that because when he picks up his toys in his room we tell him he does an awesome job and what-not. But just really funny that I was getting praised by him.

Earlier in the day I had picked him up from school and I always ask him what he did that day. Today he tells me that they did a lot of business stuff. I ask him what that meant and he told me I wouldn't understand because it was business stuff. I kid you not. He said I wouldn't understand.

And finally...for show and tell this week they are supposed to bring something they are thankful for. I asked him last night what he wanted to bring and he told me he wanted to bring his new worker truck. And I asked him if he was really thankful and he said, yup. I'm thankful for all my worker trucks do.

KIDS! :)

No comments: