Sunday, November 7, 2010

the winds of change

I can't believe how kids can change so dramatically from one minute to the next. Yesterday my sweet boy took an extended nap (that should have been the bell dinging in our head) (and PS I was at work so I didn't get to enjoy the extra long nap!) and then got up to play outside for a long while and staying up late playing with his cousins from out of town to waking me up at 2 in the morning wheezing, stopped up and with a barking cough. Sheesh! Give me a break! We are waiting to take him to the doctor hoping it is just allergies and/or sinuses but if the cough doesn't go away soon it will be a mandatory trip. Poor little monkey. The worst part of it is he doesn't even act like he is sick. He was crying wanting to go outside but we felt like it would only exacerbate his symptoms. I felt bad telling him he had to stay inside.

No comments: