Saturday, March 20, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

So I think most people that read this know that I am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan. I have pretty much every movied he's made on DVD and I also love Tim Burton. Not nearly as much as Johnny because honestly, he's not as good looking! So when I found out that they were remaking Alice in Wonderland I was thrilled. I knew it would be dark and pretty crazy but I like that sort of thing! Then the pictures started coming and I saw a preview and I thought, holy crap. This is going to be awesome!

Fast forward to March. Mom insists that we go to see it in 3-D and IMAX. I was all for it but because the closest IMAX theater is about 3 hours away it did not fall into our family's plans. So we ended up settling for 3-D at the local theater. It was still amazing. This was my first movie to see in 3-D and the imagery was amazing. I was hoping for a little bit more 3-D stuff but what there was was pretty cool. The story line was cool how it was Alice being more grown up and thinking that she was in a dream when in reality she was having memories and not dreaming. Also, my most favorite line had to be when Alice asked her dad if she was mad and her father told her she was but only the best people are. I think that line just resonates with me because even though we might be a little crazy that doesn't made us bad. It makes us unique and if we use this then it can make us great!

I would definitely give this movie 2 thumbs up and encourage everyone to go see it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great line..only the best people are.

Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the movie. I will be waiting for it to come out on dvd, we don't go to the theaters. It is already on my list of must see.