Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spin Cycle: ME ME ME

So this weeks spin cycle is supposed to be all about me. So because I am on a new weight loss journey I will catch you up to speed about my struggles with weight.

Part 1: I am 5'2 (on a good day). I have been this height since I was probably in high school. ANd that will be where our journey begins. I was always one of the heavier girls of the group of girls I hung out with. Little did I know that one day I would be struggling to get back to that weight. Anyways...I was probably about 120-140 pounds. I was a cheerleader but I was always a base at the bottom of our stunts. I get it. I was stronger and sturdier than those little sticks, but believe me, some of those girls looked thin but they were heavy! So that starts our struggle. I (kinda) wanted to be the girl that was lifted in the air. Or at least looked at like they could lift me. By the time I graduated I was rebellious to the fact that I was annoyed with the girls that I hung out with because I felt everyone was so judgmental. we were, but who isn't in high school, but I was sick of it.

Part 2: Moving out of my parents house when I was just barely 18 was the release I needed. I did a lot of drinking and spent most of my money on that and fast food. Surprising I lost weight. Apparently even if you eat crappy food, if you eat just barely enough then you can lose weight. Oh yeah, and stressing out about 18 hours worth of school work and 2 jobs also kills fat cells. It was glorious! I was probably 115-120 pounds. And I was ok with it. I wore my string bikini with pride!

Part 3: Meeting my hubby. Yep, what they say is true. When you get comfortable with someone you start to gain weight. We started living together and my life got on the right path where I was not drinking (well at least not like I was!) and I was cooking at home more. The weight just poured on. I had no problem putting on about 30 pounds. I was up to about 150 pounds. I didn't know where it came from and it didn't stop. I wore jeans year round, even in scorching 100 degree weather because I was mortified of my thighs. I work tank tops but again mortified of my jiggly arms. I ended up getting up to about 175 pounds. I don't know how my frame handled it but I didn't even have any knee or back problems due to the weight.

Part 4: Pregnancy. Uh oh. We were pregnant. That wasn't the uh oh. The weighing 175 pounds and being pregnant was. I knew that it isn't a good thing for your baby to have a fat mama and I didn't want to be one of those women who used being pregnant as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I ended up only putting on 30 pounds my entire pregnancy and almost all of that came within the last 4 months. That put me over 200 pounds though and it was a horrible feeling. I lost all of the baby weight within the first year but still being at 175 pounds was just a bad thing for me. So it was then that I decided to take control of my life.

Part 5: The good news. I have decided to travel on a weight loss journey. I am wanting to get pregnant within the year and I want to start out my pregnancy at a better weight. I know it has taken me way to long to decide to put forth enough effort to do it but I am willing to do it. I always used to be like, I don't mind exercising but I am still going to eat whatever I want. And I have learned that that isn't going to get me anywhere. So between joining weight watchers and deciding to change my eating habits I feel like I am on the path to success.

I hope this has given you insight into me. If you are interested in seeing me continue on my journey check in on Fridays for my weight watchers Friday because that is my weigh in day! And to read more about other bloggers check out http://www.spriteskeeper.com/my_weblog/2010/03/spin-cycle-its-not-you-its-me-.html. This will take you to view other peoples story of themselves! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I am SO supporting you! I also want to be pregnant within the year.But could stand to lose more to make sure it's done in a healthy way. I'm with you! And you're linked!

Davina said...

Yay, you! I think you're beautiful! :) ...And I think it's awesome that you're working to be a better you. You're inspiring!

Heather said...

I think it is great that you have a goal and are reaching for it. I'm behind you the whole way and I hope you get your new baby!

I know what it is like to be overweight most of my life and I struggle to keep it at a certain level.

Kendra said...

Thanks for all the support! It is definitely a constant struggle!

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

Good for you! Having a goal makes it just a little easier. Good luck to you!