Monday, April 19, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird

Today's post is supposed to be about my favorite book. So here it is. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I read it the summer before my freshman year of high school because I was staying in Kansas City with my aunt and uncle and he told me it was a good book. So I picked it up and I read it. It. Was. Amazing. I have easily re-read the book 10 times in the last 10 years. Just the kids coming into themselves and learning the value of right and wrong and the true meaning of being a good person taught to them by a great role model is just a good message to get out to people.
I really don't know what age market this book is targeted towards but with the amount of books today that are out there for young people I think this would be an ideal book for parents to push on their kids. There are many lessons to be learned from this book. Of course, just being a good person to people less fortunate than you is a main focus in the book. Also, being able to walk in someone else's shoes before judging someone is another. And like I said above, just the message portrayed from Atticus to his kids, that just setting a good example is a life lesson that anyone can follow no matter the time period.

So, again, like with my movie review, I am not the best reviewer so you should check out the book for yourself! I'm sure most people have, but if you haven't then you should. And if you have, pick it up again. This post has definitely made me want to re-read it to re-remember the reasons I love it!

No comments: