Friday, April 9, 2010

Weight Watchers Friday and a Spin Cycle

It’s Friday and I’m still fat so that means it’s Weight Watchers Friday! Today marks my halfway point in my 10 week session. My weight loss goal for the 10 week period is 12 pounds. Through last weigh-in I was down a total of 7 pounds. This week was a little tougher because I just wasn’t as careful as I had been the past weeks. It also was my first weekend that I had actual activities planned. I went to a bridal shower that was a brunch and then we headed to Dodge City for a family Easter weekend. All had amazing food and it was well worth using my bonus points for the weekend. But then they were almost all used up and so if I went over any on any other days I had not many left to work with. I did exercise a lot throughout the week and “earned” 20 extra exercise points, but because my instructor says she advises not to use those I was trying not to. But I guess as long as I don’t go over those points as well I should at least break even. And I’m ok with that. I can’t lose every week. But if I gain, there will be hell to pay. I’m just saying.

Starting Weight: 159.8
Last Weeks Weight: 152.4
This Weeks Weight: 152.4
Total Weight Loss: 7.4 pounds

This week’s spin was about appearance so I am going to throw a few things about appearance in here and call it a spin!

· My appearance has been changing and I like it. I have noticed I can see the crevices in my cheekbones again. These were always a good feature that I had.
· My hourglass figure is (slowly) returning. I noticed it most when I was wearing a tighter t-shirt with some yoga pants. And actually a family member noticed it as well. That makes me happy!
· My work clothes fit better. Our work clothes are crappy to begin with and not very flattering, but especially when you are between sizes they are most unflattering. Because I am dropping sizes the clothes are laying nicer so I feel better about my appearance at work and I think it is making work more enjoyable.
· I am getting compliments and just that is enough to make me continue on my journey.

To see other people’s ideas and opinions on appearances check out Jen over at http://www.spriteskeeper.com

5 comments:

Joanie said...

I like this spin! It's good that you're happy with the progress that you're making. Nice that you're getting good feedback on it too!

I like to tell people I went to Weight Watchers and lost $100.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Wow, 7 pounds down! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! You're linked!

Kendra said...

Joanie-haha! I only joined because of the discount my work provided because it is super expensive!

Heather said...

I am soo glad this is working for you. At least you didn't gain any and still got to have a good time with your activities.

Joanie..LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Stop by if you need any help or motivation. I'd love to help you reach your goals

I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach. I've lost over 65 pounds with their products and now I earn good money just doing part time work, check out my site for info on weight loss or turning your health into income Visit Fitness Achievement or my coaching site

Thanks!